Sunday, January 27, 2008

He Will be missed!

June 23, 1910- January 27th, 2008

President Hinckley passed away tonight. What a Great Man! Please have him in your prayers tonight! He will definately be missed. We Love him! And we will see him again soon!




So As i started writing this blog a while ago it was an angry blog before, until i heard about the prophet passing away. So now.... it is a good blog, not an angry blog.
So. Aside from eating two to three boxes of brownies every week with Becky...and kinda john... hahaha, My life consists of:
Studying the Gospel:
It didn't really dawn on me until a couple of weeks ago, that yes, you are going on a mission Alexis. Yes. You need to do just as much studying right now as when you will be on a mission! So In that thought... I am trying to read, study and memorize some scriptures! though... I don't have the best memory...So i am working on that!

Finding that second job:
I have a second interview at LA Fitness!!!! I am super excited! It would be an AM job which means..... being at work by 4am- noon! I know. Its nuts! But...... I remember the good ol' Lifeguarding days two summers ago....and I know I can handle it!

Lose 20 Pounds before the Mission!
Ok.... So I know 20 pounds is sorta a stretch, because really i only need to lose like 10 and i would be fine, but..... dang it. I want to lose 20. That equals 2 pounds a week, that is do-able! So. how you ask Am I going to do this? How can I become more gorgeous than I already am? ( Us Shipley girls are vain...admit it! hahaha) There is this Ipod chip that I am Adddddicted to!!!!!! I went out and ran 7 miles yesterday! My goal for this upcoming week is 25 Miles. The nike ipod thing calculates everything! and then when you put your ipod in the computer it connects to this site that maps out everything you have done/ Goals/ and Challenges. reallllly addicting! So anyone up for a run??? :)

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Alexis - Pres. Polley announced your mission call at the stake youth fireside last night - it made us very proud.

I too will miss Pres. Hinckley but I can only imagine the embrace as he was greeted by Sis. Hinckley - what a great example he has been to all of us.

Daniel has that Nike shoe thing - I like it when Lance Armstrong congratulates you on a successful workout!! Keep up the good work - get out your old scripture mastery cards - those 100 scriptures are awesome!!

Kate said...

Tell me how the Nike shoe thing works out- sounds cool! And hey! When are you getting your endowments? Jon and I really want to come I am so excited and so proud of you! You are such a great girl, I am so lucky to have you as a cousin! I love you!!