Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wow...my Crazy Little Wednesday!


HaHa... So I get this call at 8:30am and low and behold it is mother calling to say...why haven't you written in your blog for a while... well Why hasn't she written in hers? haha. Soooo updates. hmmmmm.
Thanksgiving was so much fun. I wish I could move back to Tucson right now...but the circumstances right now are holding me in Phoenix for time being. I should get my mission call next week...the prophet and the boys are assigning my mission this week!!! I am superrrrrrr excited. I just ,oved in with John and Becky. I LOVE THEM! They are fun. Me and becky kicked off the move by watching our beloved Ohpra... (i dont know how to spell her name) at 12am. Anyway I am thankful for john and beckys love and support!
Last night was nuttttts! I went on splits with the sister missionarys. We had to trek in apartment complexes which was in mesa....sCaRy! We met some odd ball people. It is funny how people react to mormon missionarys. I had really....no idea. It was sort of depressing but at the same time....it was real. We went over to this 27 year old and i guess the missionarys talked to her like a month ago so the missionarys wanted to stop by and say hello. Well we did and we shared a message to her... coinsidently she had a best friend who is LDS and her husband just passed away... and so she was kindof upset...so the sister missionarys gave a fist discussion on life after death.
Then.... we went to a guy named "Lucky" s apartment complex and ... lets just say he isn't so lucky with life. haha...well he is kindof. He was a 25 or soish black male, and we started talking to him... and the sister missionarys met him the day before. So we take him to a quiet place in the complex and start teaching him. He had no idea how to pray, but the spirit was there. He got out of jail I don't know how long ago...but he was explaining to us how he is trying to change his life around...and that the reason why he was talking to us sister missionarys tonight was because he used to live in the south side of Tucson, and when he was really lonely and felt like there was no point in living he heard a knock at the door...and it was the sister missionarys, they shared a message with him...but then... i don't know what happened... and then the sister misionarys in mesa they ran into him and he told us last night that this past week has been really hard for him...same as when he was in tucson...and then all of a sudden he ran into them...the sister misionarys... He wanted to hear our message because... he doesnn't know if it were fate or what....well... I think heavenly father knows his heart. I know he has been sending sister missionarys in his life for a reason.
Last little story. So thennnn we go to this apartment complex and we go visit this apartment...with like two mexicans , a military vet, and then some obnoxious white trash male. Yepppp...they were drunk. I don't think we should have been there...but...the past is the past. we walk in and talk to the one who is going to be taught... and the military vet is smoking a cigarette in his right hand and i go to introduce myself and he is all oh i can't shake... and I said...than put your cigarette out and shake with the correct hand please. haha...he did it! and They were kind of rude....so we walked out... and again there were two more 20 year old mexicans wanting to talk to us about the gospel. one of them were mad because aparently the bus's don't run on Sundays because the mormons petitioned for them not to run... I really do not think that it is true...just throwing it out there but yeah. the vet walked outside...to take his dogs out...and he came up to me and apologized for the way they were acting in there. that was nice. Anywho....thank goodness for the sister missionarys curfew.


One more story from yesterday. WE DECORATED my old apartment. they included me...and it was nice. They even bought me a stocking. I love Ashley and the girls...! They are awsome and such gooooood freinds!!! I would post pics...but i don't know how to do that yet... haha! Anywho. I Am off. Mom happy? haha

3 comments:

Susie said...

Hold the phone - your mother has a blog???

Interesting experiences, the Gospel is true and every one of those people would benefit from it in their lives - hopefully a seed is planted - keep up the good work!

Kate said...

I hope you keep up with this whole blogging on your mission because I enjoyed reading about your stories!! Although I will admit I was a little frightened for you a couple times... let's stay away from scary people ok?? haha!! Love you Lex!!

Robin and Larry said...

That was the longest blog I have ever read.. and NO... I do not have a BLOG.. Alexis thought she would be cute and set one up for me.. I cant even remember the name of it..what is it, Alexis? The movies were cute.. Blue Men was ok.. crazy! Hey, I hve a letter of some sort here from Salt Lake City.. should I open it? :)